/ Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
Graduates of the Academy of Science and Technology, a nationally-recognized learning community and
college preparatory program, will be socially responsible citizens who make major contributions to the future.
The mission of the Academy of Science and Technology
is to prepare students having a strong interest in mathematics,
the sciences, and technology for success in college
and life. We will provide a challenging and innovative
program designed to develop student responsibility,
motivation, and commitment to learning within an ethical
learning community emphasizing trust and cooperation.
We commit that our vision, mission, and beliefs will
drive our decisions set in a context of continuous improvement.
Our beliefs are statements of our fundamental convictions,
our values, and our character as an organization.
We believe that:
Return to top
- The Academy is an integrated, interdependent learning community.
- We share a commitment to truth, ethical behavior, and doing 0ur best.
- Success depends on cooperation and teamwork.
- All students have unique abilities, needs, and goals.
- Growth can result from failure as well as success.
- We benefit from diversity.
- Trust fosters a safe and productive environment for learning and working.
- Students benefit from diverse experiences
- High expectations promote success.
- Success is measured by more than grades.
- We want to students to be well-rounded.
- We make decisions involving all stakeholders.
- School experiences should mirror real-life experiences.
- Communication and cooperation with similar programs benefit our school.
- Students are responsible for managing their learning processes; teachers are their guides.